Register your Business with the City of Newark
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to do business with the City?
1. How do I get a contract with the City of Newark?
To do business with the City of Newark, you must have a State of New Jersey Business Registration Certificate. You can register your business online with the State HERE.
We strongly encourage Newark vendors and local vendors to respond to our solicitation and bid on our contracts for goods and services.
Contracts with the City of Newark to provide goods and/or services are available by Bid, RFP or RFQ.
- Bid Opportunities Vendors submit quotes for products and/or services in response to advertisements released by the Division of Central Purchasing. Contracts are awarded to the Lowest Bid submitted by a Vendor who can provide quality goods and/or services in the right quantity on a timely basis at the lowest cost to the City. To find bid opportunities listed by City department: CLICK HERE
- RFP/RFQ – Request for Proposals or Qualifications is an invitation for vendors to submit written Proposals or Qualification Statements that meets certain criteria outlined by the City. Contracts are awarded based on a stated set of evaluation criteria. To find RFP/RFQ opportunities listed by City department: CLICK HERE
- RFEII for Port Newark CLICK HERE
For additional information on the Bid or RFP/RFQ process, please write, call, or visit:
Central Purchasing Division
828 Broad Street, 3rd Floor
Newark, NJ 07102,
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.