Most Requested Links
Latest Press Releases
MARCH 13, 2014: MAYOR QUINTANA TO PRESENT STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS ON THURSDAY, MARCH 13, 2014, AT 6 P.M. AT NEWARK CITY HALL
MARCH 6, 2014: MAYOR QUINTANA TO PRESENT STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS ON THURSDAY, MARCH 13, 2014, AT 6 P.M. AT NEWARK CITY HALL
MARCH 6, 2014: CITY OF NEWARK REMINDS RESIDENTS: CHECK YOUR SMOKE ALARMS WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS THIS WEEKEND
FEBRUARY 28, 2014: MAYOR QUINTANA, ACTING POLICE DIRECTOR COLEY, AND NEWARK POLICE DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCE RESULTS OF GUN AMNESTY/BUY BACK HELD LAST WEEKEND
FEBRUARY 26, 2014: MAYOR QUINTANA GREETS NEWARK FIREFIGHTERS DURING DEPARTMENT’S SURFACE ICE RESCUE TRAINING IN BRANCH BROOK PARK
Newark Master Plan
- Environmental Health, which provides comprehensive delivery of inspection services, investigations,
and education programs to citizens and consumers in order to assure a healthful and protected
- Health Planning, which assists management in setting policy to develop the goals, objectives, and
parameters of Newark's medical, social, and environmental health services to ensure access, quality,
and outcome-based care for Newark residents.
- Medical Care Services, which promotes the health of all Newark residents, particularly the vulnerable
population, by providing medical care services to Newark residents through a variety of medical
- Social Services, which provides quality services to Newark's children and senior citizens through new
technology; by collaborating with agencies; by identifying resources for funding new and major and/or
existing programs; and by providing educational training for staff and community.
- Surveillance and Prevention, which monitors disease trends and develops and maintains a public health
system in an effort to improve the City of Newark's ability to address the health needs of residents and
provide prevention and early intervention activities.