Most Requested Links
Latest Press Releases
DECEMBER 4, 2013: MAYOR LUIS A. QUINTANA, SANTA CLAUS, AND CITY OF NEWARK TO LIGHT CITY CHRISTMAS TREE
DECEMBER 2, 2013: MAYOR QUINTANA, DEPUTY MAYOR MUNIZ, LET'S MOVE! NEWARK AND NESTLE TO RECOGNIZE 2013 GRADUATES OF EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM
DECEMBER 2, 2013: MAYOR LUIS A. QUINTANA TO MARK HANUKKAH WITH ANNUAL MENORAH LIGHTING CEREMONY ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, AT 4:30 P.M.
NOVEMBER 26, 2013: MAYOR QUINTANA TO HOST THANKSGIVING LUNCH WITH SANITATION WORKERS TODAY AT 1:30 P.M.
NOVEMBER 26, 2013: MAYOR QUINTANA REMINDS RESIDENTS: BE PREPARED FOR FLOODING DURING STORM
Newark Master Plan
- Environmental Health, which provides comprehensive delivery of inspection services, investigations,
and education programs to citizens and consumers in order to assure a healthful and protected
- Health Planning, which assists management in setting policy to develop the goals, objectives, and
parameters of Newark's medical, social, and environmental health services to ensure access, quality,
and outcome-based care for Newark residents.
- Medical Care Services, which promotes the health of all Newark residents, particularly the vulnerable
population, by providing medical care services to Newark residents through a variety of medical
- Social Services, which provides quality services to Newark's children and senior citizens through new
technology; by collaborating with agencies; by identifying resources for funding new and major and/or
existing programs; and by providing educational training for staff and community.
- Surveillance and Prevention, which monitors disease trends and develops and maintains a public health
system in an effort to improve the City of Newark's ability to address the health needs of residents and
provide prevention and early intervention activities.