Most Requested Links
Latest Press Releases
MAY 2, 2013: CITY OF NEWARK HOLDS 26th ANNUAL HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE CEREMONY
APRIL 30, 2013: : CITY OF NEWARK TO WELCOME UNIVERSOUL CIRCUS BACK TO NEWARK, ON TUESDAY, APRIL 30, AT 11 A.M.
MARCH 22, 2013: CITY OF NEWARK TO OFFER FIVE-DAY LIFEGUARD TRAINING CLASS TO RESIDENTS AGED 15 YEARS AND OLDER
MARCH 18 , 2013: MAYOR BOOKER TO WELCOME FIFA WORLD CUP WINNER'S TROPHY TO NEWARK TODAY, MONDAY, MARCH 18, AT 4 P.M., AT HEAVY & GENERAL LABORERS LOCAL 472, AT 700 RAYMOND BOULEVARD, NEWARK
MARCH 15, 2013: CITY OF NEWARK REMINDS RESIDENTS: NEWARK NOW AND KEY PARTNERS PROVIDE FREE TAX ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS
Newark Master Plan
- Environmental Health, which provides comprehensive delivery of inspection services, investigations,
and education programs to citizens and consumers in order to assure a healthful and protected
- Health Planning, which assists management in setting policy to develop the goals, objectives, and
parameters of Newark's medical, social, and environmental health services to ensure access, quality,
and outcome-based care for Newark residents.
- Medical Care Services, which promotes the health of all Newark residents, particularly the vulnerable
population, by providing medical care services to Newark residents through a variety of medical
- Social Services, which provides quality services to Newark's children and senior citizens through new
technology; by collaborating with agencies; by identifying resources for funding new and major and/or
existing programs; and by providing educational training for staff and community.
- Surveillance and Prevention, which monitors disease trends and develops and maintains a public health
system in an effort to improve the City of Newark's ability to address the health needs of residents and
provide prevention and early intervention activities.