- Newark Jobs Connect
- Newark One Stop
- Tweet My Jobs
- Unemployment Insurance
- Job Training and Employment Resources
- Office of Reentry
The City of Newark is rich with employment and job opportunity. The City seeks to further its own industry and development by building a motivated workforce composed of its residents. The goal is bring as many jobs as possible back to Newark.
This website can help to connect those in search of work with employers seeking to hire.
Newark Jobs Connect
Newark Jobs Connect offers free services specifically designed to help city residents find employment through strong relationships with local employers who are looking to hire the best people..
Your job search starts here:
Provides employment assistance and a single point of access to services that can help individuals successfully enter or re-enter the workforce.
990 Broad St.
Newark, NJ 07102
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am–4:30pm
Call (973) 648-7719
- Internet Navigation for the Job Search: Tuesdays @ 1:00 pm
- Resume Writing Workshop: Wednesdays @ 1:00 pm
- Resume Hard Copy: Wednesdays @ 1:00 pm
- Interviewing Techniques: Tuesdays @ 1:00 pm
- Job Search Workshop: Tuesdays @ 1:00 pm
- Placement assistance and referrals to job openings
- Career counseling and job referrals tailored to veterans
- Access to information regarding veteran benefits
Public Access Area for Job Search Activities
- Computers with Internet access, printers, copiers and fax capabilities
- Training grants (NJ Training Systems)
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Employability development plans and vocational counseling
- Assistance with unemployment insurance and filing disability claims
- Adult basic education and GED preparation
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Workforce readiness credential
- Self-employment assistance program
- Re-entry programs (for ex-offenders)
- Driver’s license reinstatement (Essex County Only)
- Forklift certification (monthly)
- Monthly Positive Recruitments (job fairs)
- ReLeSe legal program (expungement, child support)
- Referrals to partnering agencies
Tweet My Jobs
Use Tweet My Jobs to get great job recommendations, where you want them, when you want them. Sign up once, tell us the type of job you are looking for and we will send perfect matches to your email, mobile phone or Twitter account. Just let us know what you prefer and we’ll make sure you get sent new opportunities before anyone else.
Information on how to file Unemployment Insurance:
Job Training and Employment Resources
Newark has many local job training facilities and employment resources throughout the city. Find the one that is right for you to get your career on the right track.
Newark One-Stop Career Center should be your first stop for jobs, training, and financial help.
390 Broad Street
Council for Airport Opportunity
17 Academy Street, Suite 501
FIRST OCCUPATIONAL CENTER
391 Lakewood Road, Orange, NJ
441- 443 Broad Street
Greater Clinton Counseling
30 Clinton Street
500 Plainfield Avenue, Edison, NJ
LA CASA DE DON PEDRO INC.
75 Park Avenue
NEWARK WORKS (CITY ONE-STOP)
990 Broad Street
YOUTH One-Stop Career Center
500 Broad Street, 3rd Floor
NEWARK TRAINING INSTITUTE (NBTI)
341 Roosevelt Avenue
NCC Resource CENTER
131 Bergen Street
NCC WORKFORCE DC
201 Bergen Street
NJ VOCATIONAL SERVICES
124 Halsey Street
600 Broad Street
TECHNICAL TRAINING PROJECT, INC.
303 University Avenue
THE NORTH WARD CENTER
346 Mt. Prospect Avenue
UNITED LABOR AGENCY
8-10 Park Place
Temporary Employment Agencies
186-208 W Market Street
One Gateway Center
PARK TO WER PERM & TEMP
50 Park Place
400 Connell Boulevard, Berkeley Heights
Office of Reentry
The office is devoted to helping those who were incarcerated to become, successful, productive members of Newark. There are many programs to help these individuals find jobs, family, and support services. The office also is a referral source to community based organizations.
Contact us today at 973-733-3747