Mayor Ras J. Baraka announces the Newark Municipal ID Program
Located at 394 University Avenue, Newark NJ 07102
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays – 9 am to 5 pm
Thursdays – 8:30 am to 6 pm
Third Saturday of every month – 9 am to 1 pm
CLICK BELOW FOR:
To apply for a Newark Municipal you will need:
- Proof you are a resident of Newark
- Proof of identification
- To be at least 14 years old
- To register online
- To call (973) 878-1553 to make an appointment after registering online
- To visit an enrollment center with your documents of proof to receive your Newark ID
Types of Documents Accepted
to process the application (Validation and Verification Point System for proof of identity and residency):
- Birth Certificate (U.S. or Foreign)
- US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Visa (current)(chess and cards)
- Consular ID Card
- Driver’s License (U.S. or Foreign)
- Utility bill with name and address
You can apply regardless of immigration status.
- New Application: $15
- Senior or Child: $7
- Card Information Change: $7
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Card: $10(chess and cards)
- If applicants are unable to pay the $15 fee, then a Financial Hardship Affidavit must be completed and attached with the application for review.
NEWARK ID is accepted identification to:
- City Buildings
- Open a Bank Account
- City Libraries
- Access many City services and interact with NPD and more!
NEWARK ID Card holders can receive:
- Discounts at the Health and Wellness Centers
- Prescription and Drug discounts program
- Discounts at movie theatres, Libraries
- 6 months free memberships at select Cultural Institutions
- and much more!
Newark ID proves that you are a Newarker.
…we strive to construct a pathway for all…residents to gain access to various services and programs offered by City Agencies as well as by local businesses.
Rachel Louis, Program Director, Mayor’s Office