Most Requested Links
Latest Press Releases
July 28, 2014 - PARTNERSHIP FOR NEW JERSEY CITIES AGENDA
July 11, 2014 - WATER IN THE CITY OF NEWARK IS SAFE
July 9, 2014 - MAYOR RAS J. BARAKA AND MUNICIPAL COUNCIL HOLD PRESS CONFERENCE TO DISCUSS RESULTS OF TRANSITION TEAM STUDY AT NEWARK PUBLIC LIBRARY
July 2, 2014 - STATEMENT BY NEWARK FIRE DIRECTOR JAMES STEWART ON RESPONSE TO 911 CALLS ON FATHER’S DAY FIRE
April 30, 2014 CITY OF NEWARK OFFERING TAX AMNESTY PROGRAM FROM MAY 1, 2014, THROUGH MAY 30, 2014
Newark Master Plan
DISASTER RECOVERY CHECKLIST
· Call your insurance company.
· Register with Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) for assistance:
o Call 1-800-621-3362 (Video Relay Service and 711 also available.
o TTY: 1-800-462-7585
o Or visit: www.DisasterAssistance.gov
· Write down and save your nine-digit FEMA registration number.
· Meet with the FEMA housing inspector.
· Complete and return the SBA application immediately if you receive one.
· Call FEMA is you receive ANY letters you do not understand of if you have not heard from FEMA within a two-week period.
· Tell FEMA about any changes in your status: address, phone number, insurance payments.