On September 10, 2008, the city of Newark launched the 4311 Non-Emergency Call Center,
a consolidating call center that provides constituents with one telephone number for quick,
reliable access to city services. The call center hours of operation are Monday through Friday
from 7:00 am - 9:00 pm.
This call center makes City government more accessible and responsive to City residents.
To provide effective and efficient resolution of non-emergency service concerns for the citizens of Newark.
As we continue to grow and our service increases, Newark's 4311
Non-Emergency Call Center will:
- Manage the concerns of constituents with accountability
- Provide quality customer service
- Deliver with a courteous service response
The Newark 4311 Non-Emergency Call Center is designed to provide constituents with quality service and direct contact with the appropriate departments and municipal services:
Residents can request the following services through our office:
Information to have before you call:
- Garbage/recycling pick-up
- Bulk trash pick-up
- Snow plowing
- Street and sidewalk repair
- Tree Trimmings and/or removals
- Vacant lot clean-ups
What to expect:
- Try to find out the address where the problem/concern is located and any pertinent contact information. This makes it easier and faster to resolve the problem when it is referred to the appropriate City
- Try to have all pertinent information concerning the issue at hand-i.e. addresses,
dates, times,and a detailed description of your compliant, cross streets
locations, and any additional information that you can provide.
Residents can report the following concerns through our office:
- A service agent will answer your call
- Your call will be assigned a Service Request Identification Number to
be used for subsequent call and status on your request.
- You have the option of remaining anonymous
- Abandoned vehicles
- Ilegal dumping
- Pot Holes
- Suspicious or annoying behavior
by individuals or groups
- Traffic signal problems