Report Illegal Dumping: Receive $1,000 Reward
TAKE THE EXTRA STEP
is unlawfully depositing debris (i.e., tires, wood, paint cans, furniture, clothing, etc.) on city streets.
To be America’s leading urban City in safety, prosperity, and nurturing
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT ILLEGAL DUMPING
OBSERVE & RECORD
If you witness illegal dumping:
MAKE THE CALL
- do NOT place yourself in any danger
- do NOT approach the dumper
- take note of the exact location: cross streets, landmarks, etc.
- take note of the color, make, model and license plate number of the vehicle
- take note of the individual(s) involved and their descriptions: gender, race/nationality, clothing, defining marks, etc.
- take a picture if you have a camera
Call the Newark Police Department immediately as it may enable the police in apprehending the perpetrators at the scene.
Also call the Illegal Dumping Hotline at (973) 744-6471
and provide all the necessary information.
Please provide your name and contact number as well. Your information will remain confidential.
COLLECT YOUR REWARD
- Once the disposition of the case is determined,the Department of Neighborhood Services will:
- contact you about your $1000 reward eligibility
- provide you with the Central Complaint Number (CC#) and a copy of the police report
Please be mindful that as a witness, you may be asked to attend the court proceedings.
IS SOMEONE DUMPING ON YOU?
ILLEGAL DUMPING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY
When illegal dumping occurs on privately owned property, the property owner is responsible for removing the debris. However, if the property owner contacts the police department, a police report will be generated and the Division of Sanitation will assist in removing the debris.
The property owner must also provide a copy of the police report to the director of the Department of Neighborhood Services:
Melvin L. Waldrop, Director
Department of Neighborhood Services 920 Broad Street, Newark NJ 07102
You may be eligible for a reward for the capture and conviction of an illegal dumper!